More than 50 school students of Pathsala Titka High school were hospitalized after taking deworming tablets.
The incident happened on the occasion of National Deworming Day, Health Department of Assam Government distributed free deworming tablets to the students.
The sick students were admitted to Pathsala Swahid Madan Rawta Bajali Sub-divisional Hospital till the filing of this report.
Hitesh Talukdar, Superintendent of the hospital said, “It was not a medicine reaction, it’s a good tablet but the children taking deworming tablets got shocked. One student who took the tablets became weak and after seeing him other students also became mentally nervous. This is not a matter to be serious”.