Everyone is concerned with the rapid increase in air pollution as it is one of the biggest environmental threats that kills 7 million people per year. Almost 90% of the world’s population lives in such places where the level of air pollution is above the WHO’s guideline. Talking about air pollution, As per the latest report of the World Health Organisation, it has been studied that 14 of the world’s 15 most polluted cities are in India. Air pollution can cause several diseases like lung cancer, COPD, bronchitis of which ischemic heart disease is the sole responsible for 34% of the total deaths.
After taking into consideration the points mentioned above, we have picked the top 10 air purifiers in India that you can select for your home. Read to know about the product.
With the rise of Air Pollution in India, You simply can’t neglect the need for breathing Clean and Pure Air. In this post, I am going to List Down the Best Air Purifiers in India.
Please go through the below Air Purifier Guide to more about them
Table of Contents
Best Air Purifier in India
- Mi Air Purifier 2S
Manufactured by Xiaomi, this air purifier has a lot of exciting features. Let us look at them in brief.
This air purifier purifies the room in just about 10 minutes. This is one of the top air purifiers to safeguard your family’s health. You have high-quality particle sensors that allow you to monitor the air quality accurately.
The best aspect of this air purifier is that it covers all the corners of your room. This air purifier has an activated carbon filter that can tackle impure air from all directions and eliminate impurities like formaldehyde, bad odour, and other harmful substances.
This purifier takes inspiration from aircraft engines as it creates high air pressure, thereby offering more extensive circulation. This helps to pump clean air and distribute to all corners of your room. Controlling the purifier is also easy. Download the Mi Home app and control the purifier from your mobile phone.
This purifier’s sensor is capable of detecting PM2.5 concentration in the air. This allows you to have real-time readings on the phone. The air purifier works silently because of the advances Japanese motor from Nidec.
- Capable of purifying the room in just 10 minutes
- Operate from the mobile phone using an exclusive app
- Works silently
- You need to change the filters every six months.
Verdict: This air purifier works with dust, animal dander, and pollen. Hence, it is one of the best air purifiers for home.
2. Philips 3000 Series AC3256/20 60-Watt AeraSense Air Purifier
This is a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Absorption) filter. It works on a 5-stage purification process comprising of a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, HEPA layer 1, HEPA layer 2, and the VitaShield IPS.
This air purifier gives protection against the H1N1 virus in addition to filtering out dust, pollen, mites, and animal dander.
Working silently, this air purifier allows you to set the timer whereby it turns off automatically. This is an intelligent purifier in the sense that it notifies you when to change the filters. The child lock feature is a novel one. Easy to carry around anywhere in the house, this is a highly portable air purifier.
- HEPA filter type
- Aerodynamic design
- Light and portable
- The cost can be a discouraging factor
Verdict: This air purifier can be expensive but can offer protection from all kinds of impurities. Hence, this purifier can qualify as the best air purifier in Delhi, especially as Delhi is recently in the news for the wrong reasons.
3. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
This air purifier is somewhat similar to the one described above. It is also a HEPA filter type capable of covering 677 square feet. The average middle-class Indian household area is just around this figure. This air purifier has some attractive features, some of which are as follows.
This air purifier is capable of monitoring air quality continuously. Accordingly, it adjusts the fan speed and dims the lights, thereby adding to your comfort. The 100% ozone-free natural filtration technology is specially designed for eliminating allergens.
You have four different fan speeds that adjust automatically depending on the room size and pollution levels. There are other attractive features like child lock and smart air quality sensors. The Healthy Air Protect alert notifies you when the filters require a change.
- HEPA filter type
- Environmentally friendly appliance
- Smart features
- Not suitable for bigger houses. You need a higher version
Verdict: Competitively priced, this air purifier is perfect for the average middle-class home. This appliance qualifies as one of the top air purifiers for dust.
4. Philips 2000 Series AC2882/50 56-Watt Air Purifier
With a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 324 m3/hr, this air purifier is perfect for a room area of around 409 sqft. This makes it ideal for the average Indian bedroom. This HEPA filter type air purifier has some exciting features as follows.
This purifier works in two modes, the bacteria and virus mode and the pollution mode. The prime objective of this purifier is to make the air 100% pure and healthy to breathe the Aerosense technology analyses the harmful gases as well as the increase in the PM2.5 level.
The 2000 series Philips air purifier is a better appliance as compared to the 1000 series appliances. Consisting of three filtering levels that include the pre-filter, HEPA filter, and the activated carbon filters, this air purifier does an admirable job. This filter has a numeric display that rates the visual air quality from 1 to 12. The colour indicator provides an additional visual cue that ranges from red (harmful levels) to blue (good levels).
This is a purely automatic appliance that consumes optimum energy. You have five settings that include quiet sleep mode.
- Aerosense technology
- HEPA filter type
- Perfect for medium to large rooms
- This is an excellent filter but does not qualify to purify Delhi air
- People have reported a flaw in the design where the sides do not fit the frame perfectly.
Verdict: Capable of removing allergens, gases, and odours, this air purifier for allergies is a useful appliance.
5. Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887/20 56-Watt Air Purifier
This is an advanced air purifier equipped with HEPA type filter and other innovating features. Let us look at some of them.
This air purifier is capable of eliminating the pollution caused by cigarette smoke, formaldehyde, and other harmful gases. The AeraSense technology helps in diminishing the PM2.5 level. This air purifier is designed to conduct a real-time check on the quality of indoor air.
The VitaShield IPS technology offers a clean delivery rate of 333 m3/hr. While working on the silent mode, the purifier turns down the airspeed and dims the lights to provide you with maximum comfort.
This purifier comes with a real-time indoor PM2.5 level indicator and a 4-step colour ring thereby providing accurate feedback about the indoor air quality.
- Excellent quality purification
- Good after-sales service provided by Philips
- Great looks
- Some customers have complained about the malfunctioning of the real-time PM2.5 level indicator.
Verdict: This air purifier is ideally suited for catering to a coverage area of around 441 sqft, perfect for the Indian bedroom.
6. Kent Aura Portable Room Air Purifier
The indoor air of the average Indian home requires purification because of the high level of allergens and pollen. You can also find animal dander in addition to the regular dust. Kent air purifier makes a genuine attempt to purify the air. Let us look at some of the salient features of this best air purifier for home.
Working on the HEPA technology from Japan, this air purifier is capable of trapping harmful pollutants and filtering them from the room. This technology is also useful to eliminate PM2.5 suspended particulate matter. The carbon activated filter removes the bad odour such as cigarette smoke, dust, and pet odour.
The in-built ionizer freshens up the room. This air purifier does continuous monitoring of the air quality with the in-built light sensors. The filter change alarm is an excellent feature of this air purifier. This air purifier is one of the few that works silently. The child lock feature is one of the several user-friendly functions such as 8-hour timer and three different speed settings.
- HEPA filter type
- Silent operation
- Very useful for asthma patients
- Good air purifier, but not good enough to purify the Delhi smog
Verdict: Kent is a new entrant to this field of air purifiers. However, this appliance is undoubtedly the best air purifier for asthma patients.
7. Honeywell 53-Watt Room Air Purifier, HAC25M1201W
The Honeywell air purifier has a CADR of 250 m3/hr that is perfect for purifying the air over an area of 323 sqft.
This air purifier has a long-lasting filter capable of running for about 3000 hours. Thus, if you use the appliance for about 8 hours daily, the filter will last you an entire year. The three-stage filtration process removes 99.9% of all bacteria and viruses from the indoor air. This is an environmentally friendly air purifier because the appliance does not emit any ozone.
The HEPA filter is capable of treating PM2.5 particulate matter and pollen in addition to animal hair. This machine takes care of harmful gases like formaldehyde, VOCs, and eliminates bad odour as well.
- The excellent life expectancy of the filter
- Capable of handling PM2.5 matter
- Suitable for handling Delhi pollution
- There are reports that this air purifier does not have noise reduction features.
- Unsatisfactory after-sales-service
Verdict: The is one of the perfect air purifiers for Delhi pollution. However, the absence of the noise reduction feature can prove a handicap.
8. American Micronic 22 Watts Air purifier with HEPA filter
This is a small air purifier, but looks can be deceptive. As far as efficiency is concerned, the American Micronic air purifier is up there along with the best. The HEPA filter is perfectly capable of removing 99.97% of airborne particles up to 2.5PM. The activated carbon filters take care of the oil vapours and bad odour.
The built-in ionizer is an excellent way of removing smoke and other suspended particles. It provides fresh air to breathe, as well. You have the 3-speed airflow along with a convenient timer.
This small air purifier can purify small rooms having an area of around 150 to 200 sqft.
- Small and compact air purifier
- Very economical to use
- Easy on the wallet
- Fit for small rooms or office cabins
Verdict: The only drawback of this air purifier is the size. Otherwise, this is one of the best air purifiers for pets.
9. Philips AC4372/10 Portable Room Air Purifier
This is one of the more advanced and expensive air purifiers of the lot. It has a high CADR of 341 m3/hr that is capable of eliminating 99.9% of bacteria and other gases like toluene and formaldehyde. Look at the other salient features.
This portable air purifier has the VitaShield IPS system that can eliminate harmful pathogens, allergens, and gases. The Healthy Air Pocket Alert gives you notifications about the replacement of the filters. The best part is it does not function if the filter is not up to the mark.
There are other convenience features like the 6-step fan speed. The built-in sensors sense the air quality in the room and select the speed setting automatically. The silent mode is another positive feature of this appliance. The timers are easy to set, as well.
- High CADR
- An excellent air purification system
- User-friendly features
- Cost is the only prohibitive factor
Verdict: This can lay claim to being the best air purifier in India. You need such a high-quality air purifier to take care of the Delhi air.
10. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier
Dyson is a British technology company that manufactures high-quality household appliances like Vaccum cleaners, air purifiers, hairdryers and more.
The Dyson Pure Cool link tower-shaped air purifier is capable of removing particles as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns). This air purifier can remove all the real-time pollutants like PM 2.5, PM 10, VOCs, NO2, dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, bacterium and other harmful gases.
Along with the job of removing all the contaminants from the air, this Dyson air purifier also circulates the purified air
Also, the Dyson purifiers have a lower face velocity with a HEPA filter. Most of the other air purifiers have a high face velocity, and there is a chance for the ultrafine pollutants to escape back into the room.
This Dyson air purifier is Wi-Fi enabled, and you can monitor your indoor air quality and also have a look at the air quality metrics on your smartphone using the Dyson link app.
- 360 Degree HEPA Filter
- Air Multiplier technology for powerful air projection
- Certified by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- Priced a little bit on the higher side
Verdict: This is a High-Quality air purifier for home. The stunning features of the appliance, especially the Air Multiplier technology and oscillation feature make it a favourite with the people.
Air Purifier Detailed Buying Guide
Types of Air Pollution
There are two types of air pollution – indoor and outdoor pollution, and according to EPA, the indoor environment is five times more harmful than the outdoor environment. Thus, it has become more critical that you should take care to keep your indoor air pure and clean. There are different ways you can use to make the indoor air clean and free from pollution like having proper ventilation, regular dusting, vacuuming, and many others. Perhaps the easiest and the most advanced solution to this problem is to use the best air purifiers. Air purifiers can combat indoor air pollution and can deliver clean air to breathe in.
How to choose the Best Air purifier?
There are many popular brands like KENT, Dyson, Philips, Sharp, Daikin, Panasonic, etc. that comes with a wide range of air purifier models that you can pick for your home. Each of these brands promises you to provide fresh and healthy air to breathe in. Besides, to put an end to your confusion, we have shortlisted top 5 air purifiers based on the criteria given below.
- Filter Used
- Fan Speed
- Maintenance Cost
- Power Consumption
Pollution has reached a dangerous level across the world. Every year the level of pollution is increasing, and this is the key reasons behind the menace. It is due to the air pollution that the world today appears to be a gas chamber or you can say it as the blanket of toxic haze. Pollution is present both outdoor and indoor, where the cleanest homes might contain dust, pet dander, pollen, and fumes. Pollute air can make it harder to breathe, and it can affect your lungs. So, wondering how you can protect your lungs and health? Bring home air purifier that can clean all the polluted air and make it fresh to breathe in. Planning to buy an air purifier? Learn what to consider when choosing an air purifier for home. You can use our Air Purifier Buying Guide to know the things that you should consider while purchasing an air purifier.
Things to consider when choosing an Air Purifier
To find the best air purifier for you, you need to consider different things that you are seeking. You need to know which air purifier technologies may work best for your needs and what are the minimum required technical features. So, read more to comprehend what you should keep in mind before purchasing an air purifier.
- Look for The Technical Feature: When researching on which air purifier to purchase, you need to look for the technical features. You need to check if the air purifier has such a technology that can sensors air pollutants in the air, air quality indicator or an ionizer.
- Check the Effectiveness of the Purifier: Effectiveness of removing the air contaminants depends on the model to model. A lower-end air purifier might eradicate 30% of particles, on the contrary, higher-end model like Kent HEPA Air Purifier would remove up to 99.97% of particles.
- Check the CADR: Before you purchase an air purifier, you should also check the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate). The more the CADR, the faster would be the delivery rate of the pure air.
- Check the Effective Room Area: When purchasing an air purifier, you should also check the sufficient room size that the air purifier can filter.
Some Other Points of Consideration are:
- Look the Design of Air Purifier: While the function is paramount that you should consider when purchasing an air purifier, you should also check the design of the air purifier, which is also essential. In other words, you should select the air purifier that fits in with your home’s decor.
- Check the Price of The Air Purifier: Bringing an air purifier is an investment in your health. So you should invest in the best air purifier, which you can get within your budget.
- Check the Warranty on the Air Purifier: Always remember the shorter the warranty, the shorter the lifespan of the air purifier. So, you should always look for the warranties before purchasing an air purifier.
- Check for Purification Technology: When buying an air purifier, you should check the purification technology. Some of the more common techniques available are High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration, Ozone technology, and Electrostatic.