Two new cabinet ministers—Ronnie V Lyngdoh and MM Danggo were sworn in by the Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan on Friday at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and cabinet ministers after which, a reshuffle was made by the CM to the portfolios of the cabinet ministers late in the evening.
An anxious moment awaited the ministers, bureaucrats as well as business men who were eagerly waited the distribution of the portfolios. It my be mentioned that the CM had reconstituted his cabinet for the first time and also effected major changes in the portfolios of the ministers for the first time ever from the time he took over the mantle of chief ministership for a second term in 2013.
The allotted portfolios are as under:
1. Martin M. Danggo, Minister, PWD (Roads), Parliamentary Affairs, Stamps and Registrations
2. Ronnie V Lyngdoh, Minister,Urban Affairs including Municipal Administration, Soil and wayer Conservation, Arts and Culture
3. R C Laloo, Deputy Chief Minister, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Elections, Revenue and Disaster Management, Home (Passport), Reorganization, Science and Technology
4. HDR Lyngdoh, Minister, Home (Police), Transport, GAD, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary
5. P Tynsong, Minister, Public Health Engineering, District Council Affairs, Border Areas Development and Administrative Reforms
6. Deborah c Marak, Minister, School Education and Literacy, Homeguards and Civil Defence, Printing and Stationery and Secretariat Adminstration Department
7. Zenith M Sangma, Minister, Taxation, Sports and Youth Affairs, Excise, Housing
8. Roshan Warjri, Minister, Health and Family Welfare, Higher and Technical Education, Law, Cooperation
9. Clement Marak, Minister, Forest and Environment, Social Welfare,sericulture and Weaving
10. M Ampareen Lyngdoh, Minister, PWD (Buildings), Information Technology, Information and Public Relations, Labour
11. Sniawbhalang Dhar, Minister, Power, Community and Rural Development, Home (Jails), Legal Metrology