Meat pickle is a very popular recipe in Nagaland, beef and pork pickles are prepared mostly with king chilli as we love spicy. It is prepared by mixing boiled meat with special flavours of spices to preserve them.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Beef boneless cut into medium pieces - 1 Kg
- Bitter Gourd. - 6
- Small onion, chopped. - 2
- Fresh Ginger. - 2 Inches
- Garlic Cloves - 10
- Chilli Flakes. - 2 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Vinegar. - 1 Tablespoon
- Water. - 1 Cup
- Mustard Oil. - 2 Tablespoons
1) Combine 2 teaspoons of salt and water in a pressure cooker and bring to a boil till the meat become tender.
2) Take off the Beef and let it cool.
3) When cool enough to handle, shred the beef into small pieces and keep it aside.
4) Clean the bitter gourd remove the seeds and grind it and keep it in a bowl.
5) Grind ginger and garlic to make fine pastes. Keep aside.
6) Take a Tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it. Tip in shredded beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
7) Heat another pan of oil (1 tablespoon of oil) and add the grind bitter gourd. stirring occasionally until bitter gourd is browned.
8) Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, salt Saute till the pastes turn slightly brown in colour.
9) Lower the heat and add the chillli flakes.
10) Add stir fried shredded beef and stir well for about 5mins and add vinegar.
11) Cover the lid and cook for about 3mins turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
12) Now you can transfer the pickle in a clean and dry Jar and store it in a refrigerator.
Meat pickle is a very popular recipe in Nagaland, beef and pork pickles are prepared mostly with king chilli as we love spicy.
I use to eat this with snacks and salads specially with wai wai salad it is awesome.
You can store the beef pickle in the refrigerator for future consumption. It lasts for 3 to 4 weeks but if, like me, you’ll eat yours within a few days.
Source: Reporter|Moakala Longchar|Image Courtsey of regalemode| regalemode