Dibrugarh: 13 taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom | News | Nelive

Dibrugarh: 13 taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom

Jun 22, 2018 20:21
Guwahati
49
Share
ill

As many as 13 persons including two children of two families were taken ill after eating poisonous mushroom curry at their homes in Moran area of Dibrugarh district of Upper Assam on Friday.

The victims were identified as Ganesh Tudu (55), Bipul Tudu (10), Debaru Tudu (60), Mandali Tudu (40), Ramesh Tudu (38), Rupali Tudu (25), Sumon Tudu (4), Sanika Koruwa (60) from Pothalibam Panitola village and Tempu Paharia (50), Phaguni Paharia (30), Dhaniram Paharia (19), Bohagi Paharia (23) and Jonmoni Paharia (15) of Tikhrai village.

Related: Assam: Food poisoning in Majuli, 30 hospitalised

According to locals the persons were taken ill after eating the mushroom that was collected from a nearby jungle on Thursday afternoon. All of them complained of nausea, vomiting and severe abdominal cramp since Friday morning several hours after consuming the mushroom dish.

They were first admitted to the First Referral Units situated at Moran and Tiloi before being shifted to the Assam Medical College and Hospital.

By: AVIK CHAKRABORTY | Source: NE Now

Jun 22, 2018 20:21
Guwahati
49
Share

WhatsApp, NorhEast Iindia, Breaking News, News, Assam, Manipur, Politics, Crime, Travel, Lifestyle, NorhEast, NorhEasters

Subscribe to NorthEast India Breaking News Alert by sending Start to 9958459882 via WhatsApp

About Author

See also

umroi-airport
Shillong Staff Curator
86
The state government and the Airports Authority of India (...
PDF MLAs meet Conrad, pledge support to MDA
Shillong Staff Curator
58
In defiance of the party chief’s threat to the alliance...
Panchayat Elections
Itanagar Staff Curator
74
The Arunachal Pradesh Youth Congress (APYC) on Friday...
Ojing Taying
Itanagar Staff Curator
55
The Arunachal Pradesh government has handed over the Ojing...
New Delhi Staff Curator
41
The Centre on Friday made it clear to the Supreme Court...